Tuesday 3 January 2012

Return of the dav_i

This is a new year. This is a new blog. This is a new post.

I probably do this too often - I decide: "This is the year. This is the year I will BE CREATIVE!" - and then end up writing a couple of posts, a few of riffs on the guitar or maybe even a lyric. Then something happens... well the opposite of something - nothing. I get to a point and just think, "bollocks to this, too much effort" or have something better to do. Or just forget.

This year, this blog, will be different. I will prevail. A new year, a new leaf turned, a new resolution. A New Hope.

So I better make some plans...

The A-Z of Musical Discovery
There are 52 weeks in a year. There are 26 letters in the alphabet. Conveniently, 52/26 = 2.
Every fortnight, I shall endeavour to write a review of an album I have never listened to before. The first album will begin with 'A', the second 'B', all the way until the end of December 2012 with 'Z'.
For a nice piece of symmetry I may also try and get the suggestion from a friend with the same letter with the first review to be suggested by Mr. Alex Spencer.
Now I just need to make a friend with a name beginning with 'X' before the end of November!

Discographies
Probably mid-year, after I've got back into the swing of this whole writing thing, I will write a couple of reviews of discographies. Most likely candidates are Laura Marling, Muse and Radiohead. The criteria shall be; a) I am a fan of the artist, b) they have released three or more albums.
More on this idea in the future.

The Geek Strikes Back
You also best prepare yourself for my most likely anger-driven rants about science and technology. From Higgs Bosons to Apple iPhones, nothing will escape my wrath (or, more unlikely I admit, praise).

Okay. So here it is. Best of luck, me. This is being shared on Google+, Twitter and Facebook, so if you're reading this and you if by some chance you care, keep pestering me to keep my own blooming promises to myself and WRITE!

Happy 2012 one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment