Friday 25 May 2012

I bought a suit the other day

This post is done in a Richard Herring, Me1 vs. Me2, style. I've never actually listened to his multiple personality podcast, however, he tweets enough about it...


Me 1: So David, back in January you made a commitment didn't you? Could you please comment on that a little?
Me 2: Ah yes. Back in January, I made the claim that I would write 26 album reviews corresponding to every fortnight in the year and every letter of the alphabet.
1: ...and what happened to that?
2: Well my first post was a little late, "no matter," I thought; it was easy enough to write and a fair bit of fun. The second album, however, I ran into some difficulty - the words just weren't coming. So I put it off a little. And then a little more. In the mean time, I moved home, which took up a bit of time, and started working more, which took up even more time.
1: So you just kept putting it off?
2: That's right, and now I'm ten albums behind schedule.
1: Will you ever do it?
2: Honestly, I don't know. I can try catching up, but the fact is that I may not ever get round to it.
1: So that's it then, no more blogs?
2: Not at all! The purpose of the A-Z project was to give myself practice writing as apparently it's a useful skill. I'm going to try keep doing some writing on things that more interest me at the time. Not such a long term commitment but maybe it will make the A-Z project come easier in the future.
1: The title of this post is "I bought a suit the other day", care to expand on that?
2: Well with my friend Sam's wedding coming up and a meeting in Italy at the start of next month, it was time for a new one.
1: Can we see it?
2:
Waistcoat FTW  

1 comment: